Mobile Phone Photos

 One of the best inventions the last ten years have been mobile phone cameras. As I bring the phone just everywhere, it's a handy device, not just for recording video/audio. Also, I could take a look at a text that some teacher recommends to me, or I find an intriguing དབེ་ཆ་ pecha in the དཔེ་མཛོད་ཁང་ library, or otherwise I need to use a hard copy as reference for translating something. I just bring up my phone and take the needed photos, no need to find a photo copier.

Then later I could zoom in when investigating parts of the text that are not that clear, like the pesky missing dots in ང་། that might be a ད། after all. Or zoom in and look at the details to clarify certain words.

It also helps to have the photo in one window while typing it in as Tibetan unicode in another text window. Finally I could save the copies and archive them for future use.

No wonder my iCloud iPhone Photos library is full of Tibetan material (need to download those from time to time for archiving).