Text Book for more Examples

I've been trying to find a good commentary to be used in future blog entries, and I think I found it today. This is Maitreya's Distinguishing Phenomena and Pure Being, by Mipham, translated by Jim Scott under the guidance of Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche, ISBN 1-55939-215-0, Snow Lion.

The reason I like is is because:
  • It has the Tibetan on the left side and the translation on the right, easy to navigate
  • It is a Sutra commentary
  • It also includes the root text as verse
So expect me to take examples from this book from time to time. I would recommend purchasing this book, it's usually below $20 anyway, and a nice way to see how the translation is done.

PS: I could not find this as an online Tibetan text, but I found at AsianClassics Master Vasubandhu's commentary on the root text!