Tuesday, November 18, 2008

VoodooPad 4.0

VoodooPad 4. 0 was announced today. I've been working with the developer, mostly to influence him to get the Unicode linking working. And it's now included! It means you could select one or more Unicode words, make a link, do a translation for the link. In other words, you could slowly build up your own dictionary of phrases and words, place names and so forth, making the translations very consistent.


Even better, if you have a MobileMe (Apple) account, you could now in 4.0 synchronize documents between multiple computers so you could have the same document or documents across your laptop, desktop and other systems.

This makes VoodooPad a very powerful translation tool.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://www.infrared-sauna-spot.info

Anonymous said...

Hello. I think I've made much progress in learning Tibetan, thanks to you. Please, keep up posting as much as time allows you;) Could you write something about tenses?

viki réka said...

dear sandvik and everybody,

i found this blog while i was looking for things about tibetan writing. at the moment it is the letters i am interested in. anybody of you can write tibetan? i would like to know how "sherab wangmo" looks like in original script. if you can, send me info to viki.reka@gmail.com thx, viki